Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Katy Perry's Firework Song

I definitely like that Firework song by Katy Perry.  If you really listen to the words like I have, it pretty much sums up what I feel like now.  I never felt like much growing up especially the tween years until the past year and a half or so.  I know, I tend to dwell on that a lot but it's such a big part of my life.  I'm trying to get past it but when you're almost 42 years old....yikes...you just don't get "rid" of your old feelings/attitudes that easily.  I'm enjoying the new me.  I feel very fortunate that I have been able to accomplish what I have so far.  It has taken a lot of hard work, determination, stubbornness to get me here.  It has been an emotional roller coaster ride.  It has changed a lot of things in my life.  There is always that fear that I will gain back all the weight and then some.  It lives inside of me everyday but I try to calm that fear as much as possible.  If I didn't, I would go completely batty!!  LOL!!

I wish that I could go back in time just for a little bit.  I would've had a little talk with "younger Monica" and kept her from many, many years of feeling bad about herself.  I would've did my best "Stuart Smalley" impression and told me this:  

I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me! 

It's funny...as you get older you see some of the stupid struggles you had to go through to get where you are today.  Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for every experience I have been through in my life.  It has made me the woman I am today.  I'm different now,I  guess.  I have changed, but I feel I have changed for the better.  I'm still the wild crazy Monica that I always have been.  She just was "hidden" for so long underneath all that weight!!


I'm doing this blog to help me deal with all the changes.  It's therapeutic for me!  I have to be able to have an outlet for some of these thoughts that go racing through my head on a daily basis!!  I debated whether or not to put this "out there" because I figured I would get made fun of or have people rip apart my punctuation and grammar and etc.  I suck at that crap!!  I guess that is where I have the control.  If I don't like something that someone says then I can delete the comment or block the person...you name it!!  If only I would've been able to do that in middle school and high school.  It sure would've made life a lot easier!!  LOL!!

Until next time....


 


3 comments:

  1. My Dear Monica,
    I am so happy to see this blog! I look forward to reading more about your amazing journey. I am so proud of you! Not only because of the weight loss, but because of the amazingly happy YOU this journey has brought!! It's funny you mentioned something about people's opinions determining your "self worth". I am on a self discovery journey myself, and have also found this to be true. But, I have foud it incredibly empowering to change my perception of myself!
    Love you, and can't wait to see more of your blog!
    Lori E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Lori said - I am proud of you also!

    I first met you when our kids were in Kindergarten together at Gateway. What a crazy ride this whole having kids stuff has been, huh!?!?

    I knew you had a larger than life personality - I didn't even notice that you lacked any self-confidence! I am glad you can finally feel free to be yourself, Monica, because who you are is a beautiful person (large or small!).

    Looking forward to more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Lori and Jamie!! Jamie,I've gotten good at "covering" those feelings up. But I gotten to the point in my life that I'm needing to be more honest with myself. It funny how this weight loss journey has taught me so much about myself and about others!! I'm finding out who the true people in my life are. I'm finding out that I'm stronger than I think I am. And I'm finding out that others have felt like me too at one point or another in their lives. Lori, love you too!! It really is empowering!! I even walk now with a "strut" of confidence!! LOL!! I plan on continuing with this blog for as long as I can.

    ReplyDelete