Thursday, June 26, 2014

"Alone" time daily...a sanity saver or a person's worst nightmare?

Alone time...it's a thing that some crave.  And it's a thing that some have trouble with!  Namely me!  LOL!   It doesn't matter how busy I am or how NOT busy I am...it's still the same!  I have my moments where it's great...where I am able to just be "still" and have it be quiet.  And there are those times where I am completely alone with my thoughts and feel very "alone"!  I sometimes wonder if I'm just this "freak of nature" and wonder if it will ever change.

Do you ever really get rid of the demons that haunt a person?  And before anyone decides to have me committed, this is not just myself that fights those feelings.  I have talked to a few others about this particular subject.  My thoughts on this...those feelings a person has...are like a sweater.  You try to get rid of the sweater, you burn it, you rip it up, you give it away.  You put the sweater on...on the days where you aren't so sure about yourself.  And there are times, you feel amazing and rip that sweater off and strut around like you are this proud peacock!  LOL!

I am very grateful though!  And I'm learning it isn't bad to admit that you aren't perfect!  The only bad thing is to ignore it.  And the good thing is when you have people in your life that see those bad things and love you, still the same.  They see the best in you and they want the best for you.  And as much as I hate to admit it, time alone in thought every day is what a person needs.  That is where you find out so much about yourself.

I'm seriously thinking that when I have those times when I want to put that "sweater of doubt" on...that I am going to journal it (privately) rather than give in to putting that "sweater" on.  And while I write down those things that bother me, I need to also look at things with a grateful heart and journal those things too!  

Life is all about learning and I guess I'm learning that "alone" time daily is beneficial to one's sanity!  




No comments:

Post a Comment